Plastic Free Campus Committee
Plastics, being a Hazardous element in the society posing a major threat to the livelihood of Mankind and other being in the world. The environment is getting polluted at the never before pace sparing no mediums due to plastics. So it is becoming a key responsibility of every citizen of our country not just to “Say No to Plastics” but also to create awareness among the community as whole to stop this pollution and leave behind a green and pollution free place for our future generations. So, strongly supporting the cause, MEHR CHAND MAHAJAN DAV College for Women, constitute PLASTIC FREE CAMPUS COMMITTEE which will take an initiative and implement the phase-wise ban on use of Plastics in its campus, in particular single use plastics.
Purpose: Following the mantra REDUCE, REUSE & RECYCLE, the college has resolved to implement phase-wise ban of plastics in the following fashion.
1. Ban on Single-use plastic packing materials in Canteen & stores.
2. Identification & implementation of replacements for alternative food and beverages that are sold in canteen which comes in plastic packaging
3. Reduction in usage of Single-use plastic banners
4. Ban on use of plastic materials used for decorations at the events. Implementation and Compliance
5. The college will deploy a team of GREEN WARRIORS for the mission comprising Faculty advisors who will ensure the Planning and implementation of this Phase-wise Plastic ban in the campus. They will thoroughly monitor the implementation of the ban and meet frequently to asses & discuss the extend of ban. They also prepare the agenda for next phase of ban implementation.
6. The Committee will be responsible for ensuring that restricted items are not sold or distributed in catering outlets, vending machines, or retail outlets on campus.
7. The Committee will also be responsible for ensuring that catering and retail outlets will use eco-friendly materials for their packing or serving of food & beverages.
8. Awareness & Campaigns will also carry out awareness drives and sensitising workshops on the harmful impacts of single use plastics among the Students and Staff to encourage Conducting events and poster competitions etc. on designing ecological and environment friendly goods to minimise the use of single use plastic.