Cyber Swachhta Mission was launched under the aegis of Chandigarh Police’s community outreach program and Digital India Initiative to make Chandigarh a cyber safe city. It was started on 14th November 2021. The program received huge appreciation from Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. The internship program mainly features the skill of conducting social surveys, analysing results for action plan, awareness drives and extensive training on digital tools.
It’s a matter of great pride that honourable Home Minister, Sh. Amit Shah has awarded 81 students of our college for their exemplary contribution towards cyber awareness as cyber interns In March 2021.
This mission is in collaboration with Infosys Inc. to provide advanced training to the Cyber interns. And focuses not only on the technical aspect but also provides an excellent opportunity for the interns to analyze things in a multi-dimensional way. Through this internship, the interns can foster a truly compassionate and enthusiastic attitude towards cybercrime and analyze it from both psychological and technical aspects.
To promote cyber swachhta (hygiene) among masses through youth engagement.
To equip the interns with the latest knowledge about the use and handling of various digital tools for ensuring cyber safety.
To provide opportunity to the interns to interact with various stakeholders/officials involved in the law and order system of the city.
To promote community policing through the active involvement of youth.
The College organized a short video making competition to mark 75th Independence Day. Interns actively participated in the event and made very impressive & informative videos.
● First Prize:Yavneeka BCA 2,
● Second Prize: Radhika Sharma BCOM,
● Third Prize:Ira Garg BA 2
● The college initiated a campaign titled CYBER SAFE CONNECTION on 1st October, 2022 to mark International day for the elderly to promote Cyber Hygiene among the Senior Citizens. All Interns actively participated in this Campaign reached out to maximum number of senior citizens and aware them about Cyber Hygiene.
● “Responsible Use of Social Media” one day event was conducted by college in collaboration with Chandigarh Police and Swayam Team.on October 10,2022.
● S.D. College, Ambala Cantt invited our cyber intern Yavneeka Gautam as a resource person for a one day seminar on “Cyber Safety and Women”on October 20,2022
● Ojasvani Sharma and Gurpreet Kaur, our cyber mentors along with Chandigarh police went to various institutions for awareness drives.
Our college is the first in the city to sign an MOU with Chandigarh Police to promote Cyber Security, Human rights, gender sensitization and emerging police technologies.
On March 27, 2022, Union Home Minister Amit Shah inaugurated a number of projects, including the state-of-the-art Integrated Command and Control Centre (ICCC). On the occasion, Punjab Governor Sh. Banwarlilal Purohit ji accompanied the Union Minister. He praised the Chandigarh Police Department’s work on e-FIRs and the Cyber Swachhta Mission. Union Home Minister Sh. Amit Shah presented certificates of gratitude to the Cyber Soldiers of the Cyber Swachhta Mission. The college also figured majorly in the event where our student gave a presentation on Cyber Swachhta mission of government of India, a report written by our Cyber interns and their coordinator was also released. Our intern Ojaswani Sharma was felicitated as the best performer on the occasion.
● On June 13th, 2022 Induction program of 2nd Batch and valedictory of 1st batch were held at Tagore Theatre, Sector-18, where Ojaswini, Jasmine, Gurpreet were felicitated as star performers with cash awards by the Hon,ble Governer Sh Banwari Lal Purohit ji.
● Chandigarh Police felicitated three students Yavneeka Gautam BCA 2 , Riya Punia BA 3, Kanika BCA 2 of our college (Second batch, Cyber Swchhta Mission) for their exceptional performance as cyber interns in an official event held at SD College sec 32 Chandigarh. DGP Sh Praveer Ranjan IPS, Chandigarh Police graced the occasion and appreciated the college for the extraordinary and consistent efforts through cyber interns in promoting cyber hygiene